50. Fidas, C., Sylaiou, S., Kuflik, T., Liarokapis, F., Koutsabasis, P., Wallace, M., Koukopoulos, D., Antoniou, A., Mania, K., & Lykourentzou, I. (2023). Mobile and Multimodal HCI Design Approaches in Museums for People with Impairments. In Proceedings of the 25th International Conference on Mobile Human-Computer Interaction. MobileHCI ’23: 25th International Conference on Mobile Human-Computer Interaction. ACM. https://doi.org/10.1145/3565066.3609509
49. Sylaiou S., Gkagka E., Fidas Chr., Vlachou E., Lampropoulos G., Plytas A., Nomikou V. (2023). Use of XR technologies for fostering visitors’ experience and inclusion at industrial museums, CHIGREECE 2023: 2nd International Conference of the ACM Greek SIGCHI Chapter, DOI: 10.1145/3609987.3610008
48. Wallace M., Antoniou A., Poulopoulos V., Karantzoulis A., Santagati C., Garozzo R., La Russa F. M., Sukhbaatar O., Ulambayar E., Sylaiou S., Evangelidis K., Eide Ø., Sereeter E., Myagmarsuren O., Ioannides M., Povroznik N., Dobrynina N. ARTEST: Enhancing education programmes in Arts and Humanities via European STEM methods and tools, EUROMED conference, Cyprus.
47. Antoniou A., Sylaiou S., Dobrynina N., Povroznik N., Poulopoulos V., Wallace M. An analysis of alternative learning modes and scenarios of use in Digital Humanities in the form of MOOCs, EUROMED conference, Cyprus.
46. Antoniou A., Sylaiou S., Wallace M., Evangelidis K., Poulopoulos V. The ARTEST project: the future of digital humanities teaching and learning, 17th International Workshop on Semantic and Social Media Adaptation & Personalization, IEEE SMAP 2022.
45. Koukopoulos D., Dafiotis P., Sylaiou S., Koukoulis K., Belk M., Fidas Chr. Towards an art exhibition framework for scaffolding art students’ creativity, EUROMED 2022 conference.
44. Koukopoulos D., Dafiotis P., Sylaiou S., Koukoulis K., Antoniou A., Vital R., Fidas Chr. Personalization services in art education environments: first survey results, Workshop Intelligence in Digital Humanities, IISA 2022 conference.
43. Sylaiou S., Fidas Chr. First results of a survey concerning the use of digital human avatars in museums and cultural heritage sites, IMET 2022 (2nd International Conference on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies).
42. Koukopoulos D., Dafiotis P., SylaiouS., Koukoulis K., Fidas C. XR technologies for self-regulated student exhibitions in art education: survey and first design considerations, 2022 International Conference on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies (IMET), 2022, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/IMET54801.2022.9929450
37. Sylaiou, S., Ziogas, Y. Topophilia in the physical and digital space, Proc. of the International Encounters / Conference on Walking Practices/ Walking Art/ Walking Bodies. Aghios Germanos, Prespes, Greece, 2020. (ΙSΒN: 978-6218-83267-4-3)
32. Kasapakis, V., Dzardanova, E., Gavalas, D., Sylaiou, S.Remote Synchronous Interaction in Mixed Reality Gaming Worlds, Proc. of the International Workshop on Immersive Mixed and Virtual Environment Systems (MMVE’2018), co-located with ACM Multimedia Systems Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, ACM New York, 13-15, 2018. (DOI: 10.1145/3210438.3210441)
26. Sylaiou, S., Lagoudi, E., Martins, J. Metadata standards for virtual museums, Proc. of the International Conference on Digital Heritage, EUROMED 2018, Nicosia, Cyprus, Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018, EuroMed 2018, LNCS 11196, 483–497, 2018. (DOI: 10.1007/978-3-030-01762-0_42)
25. Javorský, T., Škola, F., Sylaiou, S., Martins, J., Liarokapis, F. Human to Monkey Body Transfer Illusion, Proc. of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Madeira Island, Portugal, 549-556, 2018. (DOI: 10.1109/IS.2018.8710499)
17. Sylaiou, S., Patias P., Gelos, L., Ziogas, Y. Exploring roads less traveled: eye tracking in art. Proc. of the re-new digital arts festival, BIG PICTURE, the confluence of art, science and technology, Copenhagen, Denmark, in collaboration with Aalborg University, CIID, The IT University and the Athelas New Music Festival, 48-55, 2013. (ISSN: 2245-7801)
15. Sylaiou, S., Basiouka, S., Patias, P., Stylianidis, E. The Volunteered Geographic Information in Archaeology, ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume II-5/W1, 2013, XXIV International CIPA Symposium, Strasbourg, France, 301-306, 2013. (DOI: 10.5194/isprsannals-II-5-W1-301-2013)
10. Patias, P., Chrysanthou, Y., Sylaiou, S., Georgiadis, H., Stylianidis, S. The development of an e-museum for contemporary arts, Proc. of the VSMM 2008, Digital Heritage, 14th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia, 20-25 October, Nicosia, Cyprus, 268-274, 2008. (ISBN: 978-963-9911-00-0)
9. Patias, P., Sylaiou, S., Sechidis, L., Spartalis, I., Grussenmeyer, P., Landes, T., Alby, E. A proposed low-cost system for 3D archaeological documentation, Proc. of the 37th CIPA International Workshop on e-Documentation and Standardisation in Cultural Heritage, 7th VAST International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, 4th Eurographics Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage, 1st Euro-Med Conference on IT in Cultural Heritage, Nicosia, Cyprus, 129-134, 2006. (ISBN: 3-905673-42-8)
7. Sylaiou, S., Liarokapis, F., Sechidis, L., Patias, P., Georgoula, O. Virtual museums, the first results of a survey on methods and tools, Proc. of the XXth International Symposium (the ICOMOS & ISPRS Committee on Documentation of Cultural Heritage), the CIPA International Archives for Documentation of Cultural Heritage, Vol. XX-2005 International Symposium, the ISPRS International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Services Vol. XXXVI-5/C34, Torino, Italy, 2005, 1138-1143. (ISSN: 0256-1840)
6. Sechidis, L., Sylaiou, S., Patias, P. Stereoscopic visualization and database information retrieval, Proc. of the XXth International Symposium (the ICOMOS & ISPRS Committee on Documentation of Cultural Heritage), the CIPA International Archives for Documentation of Cultural Heritage, Vol. XX-2005 International Symposium, the ISPRS International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Services Vol. XXXVI-5/C34, Torino, Italy, 1132-1137, 2005. (ISSN: 0256-1840)
4. Sylaiou, S., Patias, P., Georgoula, O., Sechidis, L. Digital image formats suitable for museum publications, Proc. of the 2nd International Museology Conference in Technology for the Cultural Heritage: Management – Education – Communication, Mytilini, Greece, 482-491, 2004. (ISBN: 960-87902-0-4)
1. Liarokapis, F., Sylaiou, S., Basu, A., Mourkoussis, N., White, M., Lister, P.F. An Interactive Visualisation Interface for Virtual Museums, Proc. of the 5th International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, Oudenaarde, Belgium, Eurographics Association, 47-56, 2004. (DOI: 10.2312/VAST/VAST04/047-056)
Peer-reviewed Hellenic Conference Articles
Koukopoulos D., Dafiotis P., Sylaiou S., Koukoulis K., Fidas Chr. Evaluating the design of an art student framework supporting XR exhibitions, 26th Pan-Hellenic Conference on Informatics with International Participation (PCI 2022), Athens, Greece.
Sylaiou, S., Patias, P., Martins, J. Intelligent Management of Monuments and Cultural Sites, Proc. of the Conference of Inter-departmental Postgraduate Programme, Protection, Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Monuments – 20 years, Thessaloniki, 20-23 November 2019 [in Greek].
Sylaiou, S., Gelos, L., Ziogas, Y. Art teaching-Following the paths of the gaze, Proc. of the 1st Panhellenic Conference Highlighting bridges of communication between teaching and art in the modern school, Syros, Greece, 275-286, 2016 (abstract) [in Greek]. (ISBN: 978-618-82634-9-9)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.